1. Overview of the Review screen
Open the Review application for a clip (see this article). You should get a screen like this:
The screen consists of these parts:
- In the green header at the top, you'll find (from left to right) a button which brings you back to the library, the clip navigation and on the right buttons to open the other applications.
- A big player.
- At the right of the player, comments will be shown in a sidebar. Initially there are no comments so this list is empty.
- At the bottom of the screen you'll find the player and review controls.
2. Create a comment
To create a comment, hover your mouse over the video frame and click it.
Type some text and then click outside of the text field to save the comment (or press the Shift and Enter key simultaneously).
That's it! Your comment should now be shown in the sidebar:
3. Create a comment without a spatial indicator
The comment we created earlier is shown as a box with a blue dot over the video. If you don't like this, you can also press the '+ Add Comment' button at the left of the screen, or the light blue '+' button in the player controls (both do the same thing):
Clicking them will reveal an input box to enter your comment. Saving the comment is done by clicking save.
4. Discuss media with mentions and replies
When typing your comment, you can type the @ character to reveal a list of team mates to mention. Mentioning a team mate will send them a mail pointing to your comment on this video.
Want to reply to a specific comment? Hover the comment in the sidebar on the right and click the 'Reply to this' button:
An edit box will appear in which you can type your comment. Press Shift and Enter keys simultaneously to save your comment (or simply click somewhere on the player frame).
When typing your comment, you can press the # character to reveal a list of tags. Select or type a tag from the list to add it. This makes it easier to find the comment back.
6. Download the Review cheat sheet
Download the cheat sheet, print it, and hang it on your wall! Download the Review Cheat Sheet