The Video Sharing app of Limecraft allows you to easily and securely share individual clips or collections of material with third parties without granting them full access in your Workspace. Sharing settings allow you to give permission to download all or specific versions of the clips, to give feedback in the form of comments or approval, or to return modified versions.
The key advantages of using Limecraft for Sharing Video, instead of third party applications like WeTransfer, Dropbox or Frame.io, are that you avoid making unnecessary copies and that you're saving time by avoiding additional file transfers.
Sharing Clips, Subclips or Collections
Collaborate and share your content with external parties (not part of your production team) with the use of share link. They can review, comment, download or upload content depending on your choices when creating the link.
You can share your content in the following ways.
Share an individual clip from the selection of clip actions.
Share several clips by selecting them in the library and click the 'Share' function on top.
Share a collection by pressing on the coggwheel next to the collection to open the collection actions menu.
Generate Shareable Link
After making your selection, a dialog pops up to allow you to 'Generate Shareable Link'.
Various options will now be shown to customise what you want to allow the receiver to view and do:
- Enable the 'Review clips' permission so the receiving party can create comments. If you don't enable this, they won't see any comments nor will they be able to create them.
- If you want the receiving party to be able to download clips, enable the 'Download permission.
- Enable Upload clips (only available if you shared a collection).
- Enable the 'Approve clips' permission if you want the receiving party to be able to set the review status.
The advanced settings for the share link gives you the option to:
- Set a password under Advanced settings.
- Require a name when opening a share link.
- The option to show a player instead of clip overview through the link.
Asking for the name of the person allows you to identify who reviews or approves your content.
Click Save & Continue. The dialog proceeds to the next step, where you are able to add a title or label, a description to give some more context, as well as an expiry date.
Finally, click 'Save'. The wizard proceeds to the last step:
Now you have a choice on how you want to share the clips:
- Copy the link into a chat message, mail or something else. The receiver will be able to view the shared clips using the link. To create comments, they will have to provide their email and name.
- Let Limecraft Flow mail the share link directly. This has the advantage that the receiving party will not have to enter their email and name to create comments.
- FAQ - How can I get an overview of all shared links?
- Customize the look and feel of the share page
- How to use password protected shared links